Prof. Dr. Ulrike von Luxburg
University of Tübingen
Department of Computer Science
Phone: +49 (0)7071 29-75945
Please send emails related to NIPS 2016 to program-chairs(at)nips.cc (not to my personal email address).
I am a professor for computer science, with research focus in machine learning theory and computational statistics.
- I am still looking for a new postdoc and a new PhD student, starting beginning of 2017, in the area of machine learning theory for comparison-based distance data, ordinal data analysis. The two people will be based at the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems in Tübingen. Here is the job announcement as pdf and as link. Scanning of applications starts now until the position is filled. Please adhere to our application guidelines.
Teaching. For all questions concerning teaching please visit our teaching page (also includes consultation hour times, topics for Bachelor / Master theses, comments about taking exams).
Things I currently do:
- I am Program Chair of NIPS 2016, together with Isabelle Guyon. Here is a description on how we juggled the review process for 2500 submissions with 3500 reviewers. And our Exhibition of Rejected Papers.
- I am action editor of JMLR
- I am board member of the International Machine Learning Society (runs the ICML conference)
- I am member of the steering committee of the Association for Computational Learning (runs the COLT conference)
Code and data sets (in particular, our peer grading data) ... here.
Job applications (interns, PhD students, Postdocs) see here.
Some of my funding comes from:
- DFG Research Unit Structural Inference in Statistics: Adaptation and Efficiency
- DFG Collaborative Research Centre Multi-Site Communication in the Brain